TRC Activities in Progress
- Randall Gross/Development Economics is preparing a three-phase economic and market demand study for downtown Clarksville.
- RPM Transportation Consultants, LLC is preparing conceptual plans, in conjunction with APSU, to focus on stronger and safer pedestrian connections from the university in to downtown.
- Hodgson Douglas is developing conceptual plans and package incentives for development opportunities on key redevelopment sites.
- Coordinating with local entities to establish an Entrepreneurial/Small Business Assistance Center.
- Exploring the possibility of creating a downtown Clarksville Main Street program.
- Coordinating the development of a comprehensive program to reconstruct/preserve several public murals/vintage/historic/ghost ads in the downtown.
Recent TRC Achievements
- Contributed $10,000 towards a public art statue of Clarksville native and actor Frank Sutton.
- Approved one Rent/Lease Assistance Incentive Program for one new business.
- Published notecards based on work from local artist Billy Renkl’s custom-designed downtown banners to be sold in various locations.
- Issued an Option Agreement to Montgomery County to purchase the former Bank of America site in downtown Clarksville for the development of a downtown public civic plaza.
- Approved a Façade and Exterior Improvement Program incentive for two businesses.
- Developed a Rent/Lease Assistance Incentive Program for New Businesses. This incentive program will facilitate the establishment of new small businesses in downtown Clarksville and is intended to reduce the number of vacant, street level commercial properties.
- Created Two Rivers Company Foundation, a new 501(c)(3) created to manage, invest and administer funds raised for the benefit of revitalization of and improvements to the District.
- Worked with the Regional Planning Commission and City to create a Common Design Review Board.
- Purchased benches, trash can and planters for the District.
- Selected local artist Billy Renkl to design banners, which were printed for installation downtown.
- Developed a Façade and Exterior Improvement Program. This incentive program will assist tenants and property owners to preserve and enhance existing buildings in downtown.
- Completed public customer surveys on downtown retail, dining, and housing.
- Entered into an Option Agreement to purchase the former Bank of America site for consideration as a downtown civic plaza.
- Upland Trail Pedestrian Connections – prepared conceptual and construction design documents for Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Franklin Street/Spring Street/Upland Trail pedestrian connections.