For Small Business
Downtown Clarksville is the perfect location for your entrepreneurial spirit to start, expand or relocate your small business.
Business retention, expansion and recruitment are important pieces to the overall economic success of a community. According to the 2012 U.S. Census Bureau data, there were approximately 5.13 million businesses with less than 20 workers. The SBA’s Office of Advocacy reported in January 2012 that “Small businesses continue to play a vital role in the economy of the United States.”
Clarksville-Montgomery County also offers the following for small business development and growth:
- “gig City” asset with our high speed designation is also a valuable asset for technology entrepreneurs looking to set up business
- talent base and available creative class workforce represented by Fort Campbell, APSU, Tennessee College of Applied Technology, Nashville State Community College and other local institutions of higher education and technology training
- the population is relatively youthful, with a high share of residents age 25-44
- a growing military retiree and veteran population enhance the talent pool. They offer a motivated, reliable, and sought after workforce.
- military spouses offer a valuable source of educated talent